This position is responsible for performing the bookkeeping/accounting for our property management division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Posting rent and assessment charges, sending tenant statements, recording receivable payments, collecting past due receivables, processing vendor invoices and payments, preparing bank deposits, reconciling bank accounts, recording journal entries, reviewing general ledgers and other supporting reports, and preparing financial statements.
- Annual preparation of property and association budgets, preparation of CAM reconciliations.
- Participating in activities needed to support the functions of the brokerage, property management and development teams as needed.
- Five or more years of bookkeeping and accounting experience. Must have a good working knowledge of accounting. Must be able to produce financials and supporting documents in either an accrual or cash basis.
- Knowledge of common bookkeeping software required. Previous experience with Yardi preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, reliability and confidentiality is mandatory.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment with pressure deadlines.
- Experience in dealing directly with clients.
- Previous experience in property accounting and working in a property management environment preferred.
- Willingness to do any task needed.
Must live in Jacksonville or surrounding area.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Updated July 20, 2021